Saturday, March 15, 2008

Week 4






What's the reason for these pictures on my blog today? Add a comment to this post.
G'day all and welcome to another class in the computer room!

I hope you all had a great weekend. As I told you this morning I had a very enjoyable time! The St Patrick's Day party on Friday night was full of fun, food and fabulous friends! By now, I hope that you understand the significance of the event! Even though Irish people do not eat special food on the day, I did cook some traditional recipes so that my friends could taste some Irish cooking! Have a look at the recipe for soda bread and Irish stew and see if you'd ever cook this food.
Do you have a special day in your country? When is it? How do you celebrate? Are there special dishes prepared and eaten? Write about the event in a post in your blog. Add links and photos too.
Have you figured out the pictures? Have a look at this link to help you!
Remember to go to esolf2f (use the link in the side bar ) and add your info on the World map if you haven't already done so. Then do the second exercise too!
Please remember to buy headphones so that you can do the listening activities required as part of your English course.
There will be no class next Monday as it's the Easter Monday holiday. I hope you all enjoy the short break. Perhaps you'll visit the Easter Show with your families!
Happy blogging!

9 comments:

Boris said...

Irish people didn't find Leprechaun's gold, but foreign investment has found the Republic of Ireland and made it rich.
Irish people have a good reason to dance. I think, St. Patrick would be happy about Ireland!

Naomi said...

Todays The St Patrick's Day!! Public holiday in Irand.St Patrick get rid of evey snake in Ireland and end of a rainbow, there is crock of gold. I'd love to meet Leprechauns one day.

umme05 said...

Happy St.Patrick's Day marion.This my first time I listened about catholic religion.I am very interested to know abuot other culture and religious.Thanks Marion

Lisa said...

In China, we have many national festivals, like Chinese New Year,Labour's Day, National Day and so on. We often do something special for these holidays. But Harvest Moon Festival is my favorite holiday. At the time of the full moon, it's usually 15th August in luner canlendar, people gathered at their homes for dinner, then each family member ate moon cakes, that are special round cookies.People usually eat it at the Harvest Moon Festival, you can't find it in supermarket when it's not right time. It's very delicious.If the sky was clear, my family always sit around the backyard, while enjoying the moon cakes and admiring the full moon. Sometimes my pareants told me some mythes about moon. Moon symbolize beautiful, kindhearted, diligence in China, everyone should be appreciate Moon, beacuse it brings us the light in all night.

RABEYA said...

St.patricks day is very important day for irish people.they enjoy this day very much.I like the gold picture.

afyaa said...

in last week ther is spechil for iranlnd its a st patricki day i wish to visit irand one day. in iraq we have studant day ,teacher day ,army day,new year..... , i love my countarty i wish a pease ,better life and good future for them ,i wish that to every people in the world, with my love.

born2001 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
born2001 said...

In Indonesia,The goverment around 5years ago gave freedom to chinese people for celeberation Chinese New Year and learning Chinese language.The goverment put in callender The date of Chinese New Year be National Day. Now in my country chinese people very happy had freedom for doing chinese culture.

farzana said...

Atfirst i heard about the St patrick's day, one of my neighbour. But at that time i did't understand. WHEN i read your blog it's clear to me, what's the St patrick's day.So i'm really greatful to you because your writting about the St patrick's day,really help to understand to me. Thank you marion.